Your trusted Medicare Consultants
Learn about Medicare Parts A, B, C & D
Individual, Family, Vision and Dental Insurance
Get your No Cost Medicare Review Today
Plans for everyone
(760) 420-7859 or (760) 420-0104
Serving all of San Diego, Riverside and Los Angeles Counties
Medical Insurance (Part B)
Medicare (Part B) is part of Original Medicare and covers services that are medically necessary to treat your health. It also covers part-time or intermittent home health and rehabilitative services, such as physical therapy; if they are directed by a doctor to treat your condition. As a new member to Medicare (Part B), you will be eligible for a one-time “Welcome to Medicare” physical exam. For a full list of preventive services covered under Medicare (Part B), contact us.
By law, Medicare Advantage plans must offer at least the same level of coverage as Original Medicare, and some plans include additional coverage not included in Original Medicare.
Part B covers 2 types of services
1. Medically necessary services: Services or supplies that are needed to diagnose or treat your medical condition and that meet accepted standards of medical practice.
2. Preventive services: Health care to prevent illness (like the flu) or detect it at an early stage, when treatment is most likely to work best.
You pay nothing for most preventive services if you get the services from a health care provider who accepts assignment.
Part B covers things like:
↦ Clinical research
↦ Ambulance services
↦ Durable medical equipment (DME)
↦ Mental health – Inpatient & Outpatient
↦ Partial hospitalization
↦ Getting a second opinion before surgery
↦ Limited outpatient prescription drugs
2 ways to find out if Medicare covers what you need
1. Talk to your doctor or other health care provider about why you need certain services or supplies, and ask if Medicare will cover them. If you need something that’s usually covered and your provider thinks that Medicare won’t cover it in your situation, you’ll have to read and sign a notice saying that you may have to pay for the item, service, or supply.
2. Click here to ↦ find out if Medicare covers your item, service, or supply.